Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Monday, May 18, 2009

One Week!

In a week, I'm headed off on a 5-day backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon!! I'm a bit nervous about it, but mostly just excited.

Yesterday, as a sort of warm-up, I went by myself to hike up Mt. Monadnock in NH. The interesting thing about trails in NH is that you can always find one that goes straight up from the parking lot to the top. So it was 2 miles in each direction, steep, and rocky. My heels were getting pretty hot, threatening to blister up, so I need to figure out how to best lace my boots. I appear to not have blisters, so that's good.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about the hike. I was slow and steady. I never got so tired or winded that I couldn't keep going. My knees feel it this morning, but not too badly. In all, I'm feeling ok about the trip next week. I know I could be (should be!) in better shape, but I'm fairly confident that I can get through the whole trip. I'm really excited about my week away and seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time!!

3 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

Wow! So cool. Have an awesome time and drink plenty of water.

Lisa C said...

Sounds like fun! I've never been, so take some pictures to share and ENJOY!

Susan Z said...

Wow that sounds very exciting. Definitely have to get that boot lacing figured out.