Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

dragged kicking and screaming

So, my awesome office mate has been dragging me (not really kicking and screaming) running at lunch on Tuesdays. We ran a 5K both last Tuesday and today. Last week the run kicked my butt. This week, I managed to make it to the end without keeling, but didn't have enough oomph to run run at the end. I'm hoping that soon, I'll be able to not only complete the run, but also have enough to sprint a bit at the end. Am I asking for too much? We'll see if my knees and feet hold out.

But, I've managed to lose NO weight. blah.

2 comments:

Jill in MA said...

Woot to you, too!

Keep it up (and hopefully your knees will, too.) The weight loss will come, but you know there are other benefits, like elevated moods.

Lisa C said...

My guess is you'll actually gain some weight first because of the muscle you'll be building. It's depressing I know, but still so much better then if you weren't doing it! Keep in mind it means you are toning your body and upping your energy and that is so much better then not doing anything.