Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Swimming update

The pool membership is turning out great! Actually, it's a gym located in a local hotel. So there's more to the membership to just the pool. Here's some highlights of my gym/pool use so far:
- The first time we used the childcare room for our kids (my 2 and my friend's 2) they claimed that there was nothing to do and were bored the whole time. The next time we walked them in and pointed out a handful of things that would be fun, and they did have a good time. Phew! We were afraid the childcare thing wasn't going to work out!
- Friday night I swam at the pool with both of the women that are training with me. I actually did an entire 1/2 mile. I was so tired at the beginning, I didn't think I could go that far, but at the end when I started to get close, I just said, "I'm going to bang out these last 4 laps to get to a half mile," and I did. Those were probably my best 4 laps of the evening. (Then we went our for martinis!)
- Tuesday night I went in for a 1/2 hour cycling class to get myself started on the biking part. It was a great class and a great alternative to going out on the road to get the legs doing the right thing.
- I may also look into taking some other classes, like a strength training on the ball, so I can get some good routines under my belt that I can work on at home.

3 comments:

Susan Z said...

It sounds like it is going well. I am excited for you!

Lisa C said...

That sounds like a great place to work out. You are really getting in there and working hard which is awesome. I'm glad the childcare seems to be ok, or that'd make things really hard.

Congrats!

Ann in NJ said...

So glad the childcare is working, that can be the hardest part! Great job getting past that "wall" of "I'm already tired." Sometimes that's harder than the actual workout.