Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It is what it is

thanks for putting up with my little hissy fit yesterday. I did a little more internet research on the biopsy (sural nerve biopsy, if anyone is interested), and the biopsy itself is relatively minor. If I have vasculitis, that's a little scary, but I don't really fit the usual profile except for my tingly toes.

And as for the root canal, that's just a bummer. If I were in tons of pain, I'd probably be looking forward to it for relief. It's more that I really hate that drilling thing - sound and smell more than the pain, so i may ask to be out for a bit.

I'm really hitting a point where i'm thinking, what next? I thought I was being good by going to the doctor and taking care of all these things, but there's a part of me that would rather not know at this point! I have to do my mammogram soon - I'm just so excited to do that now! I would really like to hit a point where nothing new comes up for a bit, you know?

1 comment:

Jill in MA said...

I really, really, really hate the sound and smell of the drilling, too. If not asking to be out for a bit, also consider asking for the nitros. My dentist is willing to give me low amounts to calm me down for minor stuff (including the novacaine!) I think everything is going to be less painful than you anticipate. (I hope!)