Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I was thin once....

I have been unpacking more boxes and I did a box with photo albums in it. I, of course, had to look through all of the pictures in the albums. I saw pictures of myself as a teenager and realized that I was actually thin. In my mind I have always been overweight, but in reality I was maybe 10 pounds overweight as a teen and it wasn't until I hit college that I really put on weight. My big issue was that I didn't gain the Freshman 15....I gained the Freshman 50. So I was thinking that it was inspiring to realize that I actually COULD be thin. Now I just actually work on getting back to that place.

2 comments:

Ann in NJ said...

I had the same experience. I was looking at my wedding pictures in the process of doing this whole scrapbook thing for my in-laws.

I don't know if I'm inspired or depressed that I've gained so much. But I do know that I hate current pictures of me.

Jill in MA said...

If only we knew then what we know now...!