Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Silver Lining

So I'm probably in the worst shape of my whole life. I can barely walk up a few stairs without being winded. But (as I posted before) I've signed up for a Danskin mini-triathlon in July. I also plan to go on a backpacking trip this summer. (I'll save details of that for a future post.) We have a great gym setup in our basement. It includes a nice new TV and Tivo (which we don't have anywhere else in the house.) And yet I haven't worked out down there in... well.. I don't know how long it's been.
However, I did start with an easy 30 min. workout last night on the eliptical machine. (yea!!) I pressed the User 2 button (that's me) and the machine proeceded to step me through some settings to confirm. (Here comes the silver lining part.) Despite the fact that I haven't worked out in ages, my current weight is 7 lbs. less than when I set my weight on the machine! Cool! (Trust me, there's still a long way to go!)

4 comments:

Susan Z said...

Congrats on the silver lining!

Ann in NJ said...

Hey, that's great! That's even better than finding $5 in a coat pocket!

I'm struggling at the moment because I've been working out but not eating well - so I haven't lost any weight since the beginning of the year. But I do feel better, so that's a start!

Jill in MA said...

Funny you should say that. Not that long ago I bought a coat from LLBean online and it arrived with $7.51 in the pockets!

I'm eating terribly right now, too, but I think concentrating on starting one hard thing at a time is ok.

The weight loss actually came, I believe, during a period of time when I wasn't really eating well, but I was trying to concentrate on smaller portions. I'm not doing so well with that anymore, but I least I don't seem to be putting it back on.

Lisa C said...

Congratulations! And for getting on the machine to start prepping for the tri-athalon.