Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I went to the gym! Woo Hoo!

Yes, I really did. Friend of mine (bless her heart)didn't say, "do you want to go to Curves with me?", but rather "WHEN are you going to Curves with me?"

So I had my introductory workout, and have a one-month trial membership, and ran into at least three other people I know. All good.

Of course, I had a major binge-fest at lunch and after school snacking with the kids. I think it's directly tied to being really tired today - had to get back on school schedule, and we went to bed pretty late last night. Should be better tomorrow.

But I went, it was fun, and it definitely got my heartrate up.

3 comments:

Lisa C said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I really liked Curves when I belonged for a year. Helps to have a partner to make you go as well.

Jill in MA said...

yippee!

Susan Z said...

I think there is a lesson in what your friend said...we need to approach some things as not IF we are going to do it, but WHEN we are going to do it. It reminds me that I had a friend in Huntsville who used to do better when she said "I'm going to do X 3 times a week" rather than saying "I am going to do X on a certain day." That way if she missed a day there was always tomorrow. Congrats on the positive step!