Helping each other keep on track with the goals we've set for ourselves.

Monday, December 3, 2007

2 down, ? to go...

Ok, I'm through the root canal also. Gotta admit, i think I've had cavities that were more unpleasant (ok, could be that he gave me nitrous). I'm currently numb, including half my tongue, which is a little wierd. But I've got uberMotrin, which I will take with lunch when I can eat without hurting myself.

Have I been eating well, exercising, taking care of myself? No, no, and sort of. It's really hard to exercise at the moment, although my ankle is healing up nicely I think. Still sort of limiting my mobility. And it's really REALLY hard to be eating well right now - especially since I'm feeling sorry for myself. But all of these medical things are part of taking care of myself, so I am trying to be reasonable about portions and not beat myself up when I'm not.

Next week, I have a follow-up with the surgeon's nurse (just to inspect the wound), the results from my rheumatologist, and currently have the crown scheduled for Friday. Somewhere I have to actually do the Christmas shopping for which I've had the good idea, and I'm desperate to get cards out this year - we've missed two years, now, and I hate it.

5 comments:

Susan Z said...

I'm trying to get my cards out to get people my new address and it just seems to be one thing after another trying to get all the pieces together.

Jill in MA said...

Ok, this is a LOT like my last comment but... online photo cards, preprinted address labels! The first year when I created the address label list was the challenging one -- trying to remember who goes on the list and finding their addresses -- but now I just use the same list every year and add the one or 2 new people that pop up. I used to feel the need to write something personal on each card, but that prevented me from getting any of them out! Now I just write a little note on the couple that I have smomething particular to say this year.

Jill in MA said...

Oh, and by the way, Ann, you really are doing well in the taking care of yourself department. Having all the work and testing done on yourself is taxing and important. You're doing great getting through it. Glad you got the Nitrous. Worry about the eating well and exercising when you're past this hump.

Ann in NJ said...

Thanks, Jill, that's sort of what I was thinking. It's been a really challenging 6 months health-wise.

I'm feeling better - I can feel my tongue now! But that side of my mouth is tender and sore, and I'm not impressed with the 800mg motrin yet, though I get to take more at dinner.

Lisa C said...

Glad you got through it. Now to give yourself a chance to recover! I think you are doing really well in the taking care of yourself department. I hope your soreness lessens quickly so you can feel more like yourself.